These conditions explain the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of both the Remover and the Customer in relation to removal and storage services provided by the Remover, unless otherwise agreed in writing between the Remover and the Customer
1. The parties to the Contract are Love Moves Ltd identified overleaf (the “our” or “we”) and the person, entity, or Company identified overleaf (the “Customer” or “you”) who requests the removal service.
All quotations are based upon estimates only. You are liable for the full time that you use our service. We reserve the right to cancel at anytime if the following Terms & Conditions are not met. Any quote given may be varied if the following have not been declared by you and agreed by us in writing:
1. The road or path to your property is inadequate for our vehicle(s) to load or unload within 20 metres of the property.
2. There is not free access or exit of goods to or from a premises without structural modifications.
3. Staircases, lifts or passages within the property are unsuitable for goods to pass freely without causing any damage to either the property or goods.
4. Any fines or fees are incurred by us on your behalf in fulfilling our obligation to you.
5. There are events or delays with which we are unable to reasonably influence that prevent or increase the time allowed to fulfil any agreed work.
6. Removal or storage of extra goods that were not declared by you prior to the job and agreed in writing by us.
7. Total value of goods exceeding £10,000.
1. The Quotation is for a fixed price, however as mention above we are entitled to change the price after acceptance, if, due to circumstances beyond our control, the work against which the original price applied, changes.
Work included in the Quotation
1. Removal of goods at an agreed time and date and delivery of goods to the agreed delivery address.
Work excluded from the Quotation
Unless otherwise agreed via email or phone the following work shall be excluded from the quotation and the Contract:
1. The packing and/or unpacking of goods before and after a removal.
2. Alter or modify any goods to aid free and proper movement of property being removed or delivered.
3. Alter or modify any premises including interior fixtures and fittings to aid the free and proper movement of property being removed or delivered.
3. The dismantling and/or re-assembly of furniture, fixtures, or fittings (It’s the customers responsibility to dismantle items before our arrival including any unit, system, furniture or beds, unless this service has been requested).
4. Move goods to or from lofts.
5. The disconnection, preparation for transit, and re-connection of any electrical/gas apparatus or equipment.
6. Remove or deliver anything that is deemed by us to endanger the safety of our staff.
7. The removal and/or relaying of carpets, blinds, curtains, and any removal/re-affixing of any wall mounted fixtures and fittings.
We may be willing to carry out any or all of the services above for an additional agreed price
Goods not to be submitted for removal
1. Any living thing, including any animals, birds, fish and plants.
2. Any goods that are likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation.
3. Any goods that require a special licence.
4. Any goods that require government permission to import or export.
6. Any drugs.
7. Any stolen or prohibited or illegal goods.
8. Any goods that are potentially dangerous, explosive or otherwise liable to cause damage. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms, ammunition, paints, aerosols, gas bottles and canisters.
9. Any jewellery, including trinkets and watches, and precious stones or metals or items made from precious metals or including precious stones.
1. Declaration in writing of value of any goods up to and in excess of £10,000.
2. Obtain at your own expense, all documents, permits, permissions, licences, customs documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
4. Checking that all the goods are both collected and delivered.
5. Checking that nothing is collected and/or delivered in error.
6. Arranging proper security and protection for any goods that will be left in premises which will be unattended or to which third parties may have access either prior to, or during collection or following delivery.
7. Preparing the property and goods for the removal, including but not limited to disconnecting all relevant appliances and electronic equipment and emptying de-frosting any fridges and freezers.
Declaration of value
1. The value of the goods, for the purposes of this contract, shall be their current replacement cost including due allowance in respect of age, wear and tear and depreciation. All liability and compensation for loss and/or damage shall be calculated on this basis and not on a “new for old basis”.
2. Under the terms and conditions of this contract we have assumed that the value of the goods submitted for removal or storage does not exceed £10,000. Unless a higher limit is declared by you and accepted by us in writing our liability to you under this contract for loss and/or damage to the goods shall be limited to a total of £10,000.
1. We shall, subject to the exclusions set out below, be responsible for any damage to your goods whilst they are in our custody and control under the terms and conditions of this contract.
2. We shall, subject to the exclusions set out below, be responsible for the loss of any goods whilst they are in our custody and control under the terms and conditions of this contract.
3. If goods are lost or are damaged beyond repair then our liability will be, at most, the value of the goods lost or damaged beyond repair, as defined by clause G, above.
4. If goods are damaged but can be repaired then our liability will be, at most, the repair cost.
5. In respect of any particular item our liability will not, under any circumstances, exceed the value of the item in question, as defined by clause titled ‘Declaration of value’ above.
1. The Customer undertakes and warrants:
2. That he is the owner of the goods to be removed.
3. That if he/she is not the owner of the goods, he/she is authorised by or has the consent of the owner to enter into this contract.
4. That there is proper and suitable access at all appropriate times to his/her premises to enable us to carry out the work described overleaf.
5. That he/she shall be solely responsible for the safety and security of all of the goods up to the point of departure from the collecting address and as from the point of arrival at the delivery address.
6. That he will obtain at his/her expense all documents necessary for the removal to be carried out.
7. That he/she will arrange and pay for any necessary parking facilities for our vehicles. It is the customer’s responsibility to reserve parking. If there is no pre-arranged parking and the service provider receives a parking ticket it will be the customer’s responsibility to pay the penalty amount at the end of the job.
Exclusions of liability
1. Other than as a result of our negligence or breach of contract we will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to produce the goods if caused by any of the following circumstances.
2. By fire howsoever caused.
3. By normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
4. By moth or vermin or similar infestation.
5. By cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we arranged for the work to be carried out.
6. By change to atmospheric or climatic conditions.
7. For any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, carton, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by us.
8. For electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument, clock, computer or other equipment unless there is evidence of related external damage.
9. For any goods which have a pre-existing defect or are inherently defective.
10. For animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
11. For plants.
12. For perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
13. For items referred to in the titled ‘what we will not do’.
14. Damage to motor bikes or other motor vehicles unless we have issued a pre-collection condition report.
15. Loss or damage to the goods that occurs before we have taken possession, custody and control of the goods.
16. Loss or damage to the goods that occurs after we have delivered or handed over the goods to you or to a party nominated by you.
17. No employee of ours shall be separately liable to you for any loss, damage or delay or other breach of this contract.
1. We will use all reasonable endeavours to perform the work within or at the agreed time. We will, however, not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, or of a consequential nature resulting from its failure to perform the work within the agreed time. If we are delayed in completing the work as a result of circumstances beyond our control, you agree to grant an extension of time for the work to be completed and further agree to pay any additional charges emanating from the provision of additional resources.
Payment by Customer
1. Unless previously otherwise agreed in writing, the Customer must pay in advance for all removal services and in any event must pay on completion of the removal.
1. If the customer chooses a Self-loading service they are solely liable for any damage to their items. We will not have any involvement in the loading and unloading of items. Insurances will only cover your items in the event of a road traffic accident.
2. It’s the customer’s responsibility to pack everything properly (unless packing services are requested) we do not accept responsibility for damage or breakage caused by poor packing. We also do not accept responsibility for damage or breakage for dismantling and or reassembling any items, this service is at the customers discretion. Any glass items must be protected and packed properly, we do not accept liability to any glass item that is damaged or broken whilst left unprotected and not packed appropriately.
3. It’s the customer’s responsibility to make sure that all items will fit in/out of any of the properties in question. (E.g. wardrobe, bed, sofa etc.) We are not insured for removing any windows or making new entrances to any properties (which include any doors). We will not be liable for any damaged caused by trying to fit items through doors/spaces that do not accommodate the items.
4. Please note that we will not take any responsibility for any damage or breakages involving any ikea or Argos products of any type. This is due to the poor standard of construction and the one off build design of their products.
1. We operate with a Goods in Transit insurance policy and are fully covered with public liability insurance. Policy coverage is up to £20,000 subject to an Insurance excess charge of £250 per claim. This is payable by the customer before any claim can be considered. We will not consider any claim for insurance until the job has been paid in full and your insurance excess contribution has been paid and is considered ‘cleared funds’.
2. You are not covered for loss or damage to goods from a household removal unless a valued inventory is completed and signed by the owner of the goods prior to commencement of transit when goods exceeds a total value of £20,000.
Time limits for reporting claims
1. If it is believed that we have been responsible for loss and/or damage to goods and/or premises, such claims must be made verbally within three working days of the alleged incident, and confirmed in writing within seven working days of the alleged incident, for such claim to receive attention. Any claim brought outside these time periods will not be accepted.
Claim by third parties
1. If we are required to pay any charge, expense, damage or penalty to a third party arising out of the performance of the contract, the Customer will indemnify us against such payment unless it was brought about by our negligence.
1. All booking deposits fees are non refundable unless notice of cancellation/postponement is given in writing by you and confirmed by us 5 working days prior to the original booking date.
Our right to with hold goods (lien)
1. We have the right to hold some or all of your goods until full payment for the fee(s) we are owed is paid to us. This includes costs unrelated to the goods.
2. We have the right to sell or use some or all of your goods to recover unpaid fees owed to us. This can only be done after we have given you 30 days written notice of our intentions.